Anatomy of a home: Nicole Salvesen

Designer Nicole Salvesen of Salvesen Graham's South London home (p134 of the May issue of House & Garden) is a trove of __design ideas we're dying to copy. Here she shares five of her favourite pieces

To see more of Nicole Salvesen's south London home, buy the May issue of House & Garden

1. Tester bed 

I love the tester bed in my guest bedroom. We often use this kind of bed in our projects, so I had to have one in my own home. It is made up from one of my favourite fabrics - 'Wicker Linen' by Fermoie. 

Nicole Salvesen
Pinterest
Pin It
Alexander James
Nicole Salvesen's guest bedroom

2. Tea caddy

I have a collection of antique tea caddies. This one, which sits on the shelf in my sitting room behind the armchair, was a gift from my mother when I moved into my first house and it is a very close match to one in my childhood home that I had always loved. 

Nicole Salvesen
Pinterest
Pin It
Alexander James
Nicole Salvesen's sitting room

3. 'Crillon chair' by Soane 

My red leather 'Crillon chair' by Soane Britain is so comfortable to sit on and it fits into such a variety of interiors. As our family has grown, it has moved around the house from room to room and it has worked in them all. It currently resides in my bedroom. 

Soane
Pinterest
Pin It
Soane's 'Crillon Chair', £4,275

4. Glassware

I have a complete obsession with glassware and have an ever growing collection of glasses that I pick up on my travels. I am always trying to find new ways to store them. I love the way beautiful glassware transforms a table setting. For everyday glassware, I go to Birdie Fortescue or Petersham Nurseries. I also love The Conran Shop - its murano glass tumblers are a beautiful treat. 

Pinterest
Pin It
'Idra Violet Murano Glass Tumbler' from The Conran Shop, £45

5. Pink gingham 

My daughters adore their pink beds with what they call "princess skirts". I had the valances made from Ian Mankin's pink 'Suffolk Check small' (£27.50 a metre). You can't get more classic childhood than this pretty gingham. 

Nicole
Pinterest
Pin It
Alexander James
Nicole's daughters' bedroom
Pinterest
Pin It
'Suffolk Check Small', from Ian Mankin, £27.50
 

To see more of Nicole Salvesen's south London home, buy the May issue of House & Garden



Written by